" We aren't just a big media conglomerate. First and foremost, we are a company that is committed to the community and to culture, run by people who want to make a difference. "
- Pierre Karl Péladeau Our founder, Pierre Péladeau, believed that when life has been good to you, it is important to give something back. This principle is an integral part of Quebecor's corporate culture. That is why, every year, we provide financial aid to so many philanthropic and artistic causes. Quebecor supports a wide variety of cultural organizations and events in different ways, including the "Ma première Place des Arts" contest, which showcases young talent, Les Correspondances d'Eastman, Espace Félix-Leclerc and Montreal Museums Day. In April 2005, Quebecor announced its support for "Montreal, World Book Capital" and a partnership with the Théâtre du Rideau Vert which gave the theatre a new start and a new lease on life. Quebecor supports hospitals, health care and medical research organizations. We back a host of community organizations that help the most disadvantaged members of society. Education and young people also figure at the top of the Company's list of social priorities. And Quebecor supports arts and culture through contributions and sponsorships. Quebecor has also supported specific humanitarian and artistic projects, such as the Pavillon des arts in Sainte-Adèle, a year-round venue for classical musical created by Pierre Péladeau. The Company provides funding for alcohol and drug rehabilitation centres, including Pavillon Pierre-Péladeau (formerly Pavillon Ivry) and maison Raymonde-Chopin-Péladeau (formerly Maison du nouveau chemin). From 1998 to 2001, Quebecor organized an annual Christmas drive, La Guignolée Pierre-Péladeau, in memory of our founder's legendary generosity. In 2001, the annual event was merged with other Christmas drives organized by media companies to create La Grande Guignolée des médias. Proceeds go to three community organizations that help the needy: Sun Youth, Harvest Montreal and the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.
Quebecor has been publishing its yearly Bilan culturel since 2005. Click on the links below to access these reports; they describe the support that the Quebecor, and its subsidiaries provide for the development of arts and culture in Québec and the promotion of the arts at home and abroad. Every year, that support, added up to donations and gifts in kind, is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. We hope the Reports will give you a fuller picture of our commitment to the community (available only in French).
Bilan culturel 2006
Bilan culturel 2008
(PDF - 7.3 Mb)
Bilan culturel 2009
(PDF - 3.8 Mb)
Bilan culturel 2010
DONATIONS AND SPONSORSHIPS REQUESTS
Every year, Quebecor receives thousands of requests for support. Here is how to submit a request:
- Send your request in writing to the following address:
Communications - Donations and Sponsorships
612 Saint-Jacques Street
- Your request must be accompanied by all relevant documents, including a description of your organization and its mission, audited financial statements (if available) and the purpose of your request. Please provide the name of the appropriate contact person in your organization and contact information.
- Requests received are submitted to a committee which meets once every two or three months to review requests.
- After the committee meets, we respond to all requests received in due form. We do everything in our power to satisfy the requests we receive, given our budget and our company's social priorities. You can help make the process more efficient by following the above guidelines. We thank you for your cooperation.