- Job title: Paralegal
- Number of positions offered: 1
- Field: Legal
- Minimum experience: 5 years
- Minimum education: Diploma of College Studies
- Status: Permanent
Our Corporate Secretariat team is seeking a paralegal who is passionate about their work and interested in joining a dynamic team. As a paralegal, you will support the team in preparing documents for corporate transactions and keep the Corporation’s books.
A typical day
- Prepare documents the Corporate Secretariat must produce in connection with transactions and due diligence ;
- Prepare corporate documentation required for the incorporation, organization, merger, reorganization and dissolution of companies, statute amendments and the annual corporate update (in Québec and other provinces) ;
- Draft motions of all types ;
- Prepare paperwork for provincial and federal authorities ;
- Update the corporate database (EnAct) ;
- Prepare Board and committee meetings for a company listed on the TSX.
We are looking for
- A Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in Paralegal Technology or 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Proficient with computer software, particularly MS Office 365; Diligent and EnAct would be an asset ;
- Highly organized and thorough, a self-starter ;
- Able to learn and adapt to change ;
- Good command of French and English, spoken and written ;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team ;
- Self-reliant, results-driven and focused on providing quality service.
- Participation in major projects with stimulating challenges in an exciting and constantly changing environment ;
- A passionate and dynamic team ;
- Full benefits package (group insurance, pension plan, employee discounts, etc.) ;
- A pleasant work environment that supports professional development ;
- Access to a gym ;
- Office in the heart of Old Montréal and close to public transit (Exo trains, Square-Victoria metro, STM buses, Bixi).