For more than 11 years, Quebecor has been a proud partner and active supporter of Earth Day, the annual celebration of the environment on April 22.
In addition to providing financial support, Quebecor mounts a large-scale promotional campaign in all its media properties every year to help Earth Day raise awareness of environmental issues.
As a responsible corporate citizen, we want to make a difference for the planet’s future, year after year. So we encourage our employees, partners and subsidiaries to pitch in to help protect the environment.
Quebecor’s commitment to the environment:
- More than 60 green ambassadors throughout the organization
- Nearly 4 million obsolete electronic devices diverted from landfill since 2013 by Videotron’s We Recycle program and its 200 drop-off points
- Black-and-white books printed on recycled paper containing 100% post-consumer fibre
- Magazines printed on FSC®-certified paper
- Environmentally responsible events organized by Gestev, a subsidiary of Quebecor
- Partnership with Consigne-éco to collect returnable containers at Québec Remparts hockey games, with proceeds going to local organizations
- Solar panels installed on 70 Montréal bus shelters by Quebecor Out of Home
On April 22 and every day of the year, it’s up to all of us!